I recently received an assortment of Ice Chips from Bev and Charlotte to review and am thrilled with them! What a great way to get the benefits of Xylitol in a sweet treat that I feel good giving to my girls. Love them!
Who are the Ice Chips Grandmas?
Bev Vines-Haines and Charlotte Clary have known each other since 1986. They met in Washington state and bonded over their shared entrepreneurial spirits and love of all natural products. Over the years they had many ideas they put into place, including all natural herbal salves and lotions.
In the fall of 2009, they were looking for a way to make Xylitol candy. They knew Xylitol was great for teeth and diabetics could enjoy it. They wanted to create a good for you treat. They had tried ordering a few different kinds but could not find one with the zing and the burst of flavors they wanted. They are both grandmas and between them they have 37 grandchildren. They wanted a healthy candy that would taste good enough so that their grandchildren would gobble it the same way they gobbled sugar. Thus, Ice Chips Candy® was born.
What is Xylitol?
Xylitol is a polyol, a sugar alcohol. It is all natural, safe for diabetics and has many health benefits.
Mostly, it is made from birch bark or corn. Ice Chips Candy uses only the birch bark Xylitol in order to avoid any chance of using Genetically Modified Corn (GMO).
What are some of the benefits of Xylitol?
- Strengthens teeth
- Reduces new tooth decay
- Reduces cavity-causing bacteria
- Inhibits growth of dental plaque
- Stimulates saliva flow
- Does NOT impact insulin levels
- Contains zero net effective carbs
- Delicious and satisfying
- The FDA has approved xylitol as a Natural Sweetener
- Xylitol is a natural sweetener found in the fibers of many fruits and vegetables
- Xylitol is found in small amounts in the human body
- One teaspoon of xylitol contains 40% less calories than sugar
- Savoring ICE CHIPS Candy 3 to 5 times a day delivers maximum benefits
- Use ICE CHIPS Candy immediately after meals or snacks
- Recent studies have found a link between consuming Xylitol during pregnancy and stronger teeth in infants
I have to say, these little tins won’t be lasting long in our house! The kids love them and I know they are getting some great benefits! The Root Beer Float is my girls favorite! I love the Peppermint. But they all taste fantastic!
You can find Ice Chips at most Whole Foods and other health food stores. Or you can order directly from the Grandmas!!
The opinions and thoughts contained in this post are 100% mine. I only ever work with companies I support and think you, my readers, will like. Please read my full review and endorsement policy here.